Sales Development Representative (Denver)
Denver, United States
We are Humanitix
Humanitix is the world's first not-for-profit ticketing platform. We believe businesses that align profit with purpose can solve the world's biggest problems.
Since launching in 2016, we have grown exponentially, transforming over $4.1M of annoying booking fees into donations towards impact projects. Events we work with range from music and art festivals, conferences, galas, expos, workshops, schools and university events, you name it! In 7 years, we have become the go-to platform for hosts to manage their events, sell tickets, and create impact through our philanthropic model. And the best part? We’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
We are a global business with offices in Denver, Sydney and Auckland. At Humanitix, we celebrate the diversity of thought, perspective and expression, and we look for many different skills and abilities that can enhance Humanitix’s offerings and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Why you’ll love It here
- You will have JOINT OWNERSHIP to contribute and change the outbound sales process & be responsible for its success as you grow here.
- We do not micromanage anyone, you are trusted, have full autonomy, and are treated as an adult.
- We use the absolute BEST software, tools & equipment to do our job. We all use HubSpot, Slack, Zoominfo, GSuite, etc.
- We ONLY hire other smart, ambitious people who LOVE to learn and grow.
- As an early founding team member, your input will be absolutely CRITICAL to the success of the company in all areas – including sales, marketing, and product.
What you will bring to the table
- Strong verbal skills, emotional intelligence, resilience, and attention to detail and process are essential to the role.
- Be ethically aligned and genuinely inspired by our mission.
- Desire to smash quotas and goals, and continually raise the bar for your performance.
- You want to build a career in sales and be responsible for growing a business.
- Hubspot CRM experience and/or a SaaS background are beneficial (although not necessary).
- All of our sales team were new to sales and had no industry experience - it's mostly about your attitude and people skills, so don’t be shy :)
- Your first 12-18 months will be learning our ticketing platform, pumping out calls and emails to prospective clients, sitting-in on sales demos, and learning how we onboard new clients. Over the 12 - 18 month period, you’ll become an absolute expert on ticketing, sales, CRMs, our platform, and a range of industry verticals.
- 18+ months - We are a fast-growing social enterprise, so whether you want to manage a team, move into senior sales, account management, product, operations, or something else is completely up to your competency and interests.
- Years 3+ We are already in three countries… in another 3 years we will hopefully be in 6+... those in our team who deliver and have ambition could be leaders of a region or country. For example, James Humpherson, who joined us at the age of 24 (five years ago), is now General Manager.
At Humanitix, you’ll learn how to:
- Work hard. Play harder. And maintain a healthy balance. We celebrate great work ethic but also like to have fun. We recognise that there are only 24 hours in a day to split your time between your career, loved ones, passions, and pursuits outside of work.
- Make genuine connections by bringing your authentic self to work. Your colleagues can be your friends too, sometimes lifelong.
- Ask for forgiveness, not permission. We encourage experimentation and reward initiative. Have an idea so crazy you think it just might work? Go for it and share the results.
- Give and receive direct and constructive feedback. It may feel uncomfortable at first but a huge growth opportunity awaits.
- Ask for help and escalate issues. You are not expected to be a superhero.
- OTE of $62,500+
- Base salary $47,500
- Dental, vision and health care provided with no employee contribution required
Perks of being a Human @ Humanitix
- You get to be a part of a world-first global tech-charity that is pioneering a new model of compassionate capitalism, bringing together business and charity in the best way for 100% purpose.
- You’ll rest easy with the knowledge that your day-to-day work is making a positive impact in the lives of Humanitix’s beneficiaries.
- We trust you, we value your opinion, and foster a non-hierarchical culture.
- We offer a competitive salary plus salary packaging for additional tax benefits.
- You’ll love our awesome office in the character-filled neighbourhood at RiNo, Denver.
- You get to contribute to our team culture and connect with like-minded human beings who are passionate about our mission and take pride in the work they do.
- You’ll love our emphasis on social events that allow the team to connect outside of the office environment, like our annual off-site retreat as well as fun and quirky celebrations organised by the Vibe Tribe.
Humanitix’s mission, vision & core values
Our mission is to bring people together to inspire and invest in humanity, far beyond traditional corporate responsibility. Humanitix is an experiment in compassionate capitalism and a new model for charity and business. Our ultimate vision is a world where all businesses, structures and systems work in harmony with humanity to serve the best interests of all people and our planet.
We go all-in for our customers and for each other because we care about what we do. It also doesn't hurt to say “I love you”. Try it.
Think for yourself, say what you believe, and have the curiosity and courage to lead us further forward into new territory. Let's go.
Keep it weird
We celebrate humanity, thrive on individuality, and love all the ways we are different. Bring your true self to work* and be inclusive, open, and transparent.
The world is not f*cked
Yep, it can be a lot better, but there's no future in giving up. We create a better world by choosing positivity, investing in humanity, and forging pathways to progress. Be humane.
In addition to your resume, please submit a short cover letter. Let your personality shine through in the cover letter and help us learn why you want to help empower the team, hosts and customers. What else are you passionate about? What about this job attracts you? Why will Humanitix change the world?
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.